Sunday, September 14, 2008

Can life get any better?

I submit that it canNOT!

Yesterday was a great day. Around noon I made my way down to LaVell Edwards Stadium hoping to watch an exciting football game. Let's just say that what happened next was way more than I could have ever dreamed of. BYU gave UCLA a major beat down. 59 - 0.

Max Hall threw for seven touchdowns before he sat down halfway through the third quarter. The offensive line hasn't allowed a sack in three games nor have they been called for holding. The defense blocked a field goal and caused several turnovers. UCLA couldn't even score on our second and third strings.


In commemoration I decided to compile a list of ways to describe what UCLA went through:

  • A rec league beat down
  • Taken behind the woodshed

  • An old fashioned butt kicking

  • Humiliated

  • Annihilated

  • Trounced
  • Blown out
  • Beat like a red headed step child
  • Schellacked
(If you have any other suggestions please leave them in the comments.)

After the game I made my way up to Thanksgiving Point to see my main man Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband play. I'm ashamed to say that I hadn't been to a concert in a while, and was on the brink of losing my Shuperfan status. The only complaint I have about Ryan Shupe concerts is there are so many songs that I want to hear that there is no way they could play them all in one show.


They opened up with "Walk the Walk." They were sure to include mainstays such as "Phideaux," "Simplify," "Banjo Boy," and of course "Dream Big." Ryan was sure to include "All I Need is You" from the new album and we even got to see the new video for "Be The One," also from the new album. They also played the crowd favorite "Corndog Song" and Ryan even did an impromptu rendition of the old favorite "Go to Hell." They finished off the set with the energetic "Hey! Hey! Hey!" I knew that there was only one way that they could end they show with a bang. After they came back on for an encore and played a laid back "Hope," they went out with a bang with their very own, ever evolving rendition of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia."

Afterwards I thanked Ryan for a great show and then we talked music for a few minutes.





So from between screaming my head off at the football game and singing at the top of my lungs at the RS&RB concert, let's just say that I had a hard time singing the hymns at church today. Whenever that happens I know I had a really good Saturday.

After the concert we came home and relaxed on the couch while watching the highlights from the football game on ESPN. (Also, read more about it here.)

Can life get any better? I submit that it canNOT!

3 comments:

TJ said...

I also submit the same. Great day for all! You look like you've been smoking pot in the first pic. though. And while Ryan Shupe is totally cool, you did miss out on an amazing show by rooney for only 3 bucks!

Krista said...

My vote would be "taken behind the woodshed"! Great game... GO "Y"!

Eric said...

That was an amazing day I would have to add. It was fun running into you at the concert too. The only difference between our day was that you actually talked to Ryan Shupe and I did not.